Apparently, this isn't correct ...

On 10 August 2017 at 07:35, V M vmin...@gmail.com [goawriters2] <
goawrite...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/the-global-
> meltdown/articleshow/59994037.cms
>
> On Monday this week, the eminent author (and part-time Goa
> resident) Amitav Ghosh tweeted an alarming video file of a flaming
> palm, writing, "I am told it is so hot in Kuwait that trees are
> spontaneously combusting." Just last month, that desert country
> registered the "hottest temperature ever recorded on earth", an
> astonishing 54 degrees Celsius.
> Posted by: V M <vmin...@gmail.com>

According to http://www.snopes.com/62-degree-celsius-kuwait-tree-fire/

* The highest temperature on record, according to the World Meteorological
Organization, was 56.7°C (134°F) on 10 July 1913 in Furnace Creek,
California.
* The highest temperature in Kuwait, 54°C, was recorded in Mitrabah in July
2016.
* The weather in Kuwait hovered around 50°C during July 2017
* This video was actually shot in Madinah, Saudi Arabia and shows a palm
tree that was struck by lightning.