CONVENTION OF THE GOAN DIASPORA FROM GOA INTO THE WORLD
Lisbon, Portugal June 15-17, 2007 Details at:
http://www.casadegoa.org

C A Bhandare asks me: "I think Sachin found Floriano's statement in bad
taste not Aires's. Sachin, please correct me if I am mistaken."

To answer it, let me reproduce my message:

QUOTE
When I said "I think this is in very bad taste", I was referring to the
question posed by Floriano to Aries Rodrigues, namely: "How much in Indian
Rupees or in US$ have been deposited in your personal bank account by the
BJP??"

As far as Bosco's valid point about the flip-flop of Aries. I have noticed
such flip-flops in politics too many times. For example, Sanjay Nirupam has
been campaigning for the Congress Party in Goa. Are we going to forget his
background as a very senior Shiv Sean leader, merely because he is now in
Congress? The same, of course, can be said about those who have changed
sides from a 'secular' Congress to the BJP. I have read in a newspaper item
that Dayanand Narvekar, a minister in the present Congress government, is
campaigning on behalf of his brother, who is standing as an independent
candidate against the official Congress candidate.

At least let not the members on this forum make tasteless statements.
UNQUOTE

Even a cursory look at my message, I gave my opinion on BOTH - Floriano and
Aries.

So, let me ask Bhandare a question: Do you find Floriano's question in bad
taste.

Sachin Phadte.

Goanet recommends, and is proud to be associated with,
'Domnic's Goa' - A nostalgic romp through a bygone era.
This book is the perfect gift for any Goan, or anyone
wanting to understand Goa. Distributed locally by
Broadway, near Caculo Island, Panjim & internationally
by OtherIndiaBookStore.Com. For trade enquiries contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED]