CONVENTION OF THE GOAN DIASPORA FROM GOA INTO THE WORLD
Lisbon, Portugal June 15-17, 2007 Details at:
http://www.casadegoa.org

Citing the  1 Jun  post from From: "r.barreto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
on  “EVALUATING GLOBAL GOANS CONVENTION”

.............HELD IN PANAJI ? GOA 3rd to 5th January 2007

?TOASTMASTER STYLE?
By John Mascarenhas ? DTM*
In laudatory felicitations to the GLOBAL GOANS CONVENTION,
Dr A P J Abdul Kalam ? President of India, declared:
“?Our nation has a rich cultural heritage with vibrancy. The convention
could highlight the potential of Goa in tourism, biodiversity and its
history and culture?. On this occasion, I extend my greetings and
felicitations to the participants and the organisers and wish the
Convention all success?.”

Dear Goanetters:

Quoting the aforesaid epistle from India’s erudite President, as Goa’s paramount leader, it could be significantly used as Goa’s credo to chart its future growth and development. Reasonably, it could be interpreted as the Indian Republic’s official position vis-à-vis our Konkan Homeland in providing guidelines for the path to be taken in fulfilling Goa’s Destiny. Remarkably noteworthy, is the absence of any mention of industrial development and commercial enterprise in our State. In particular, prominently omitted is any mention of exploiting mineral wealth, creating SEZs and crafting mega enterprises consequently despoiling this beautiful idyllic Land by conversion into a concrete and steel jungles at the expense of our Natural flora and fauna, landscape and Historical heritage. Au contraire, President Kalam’s statement seems to strongly imply the imperative need to zealously preserve Goa’s heritage and culture for posterity. In fact the President’s gracious blessings appear to unmistakably envisage Goa as purely a Land of Leisure and Goodwill welcoming all the citizens of the World in the spirit of Peace, Harmony and Merriment to enjoy its Natural Beauty and Rich Unique Culture and History.

Does the President of India’s Messianic Manifesto mean anything to the Leaders and Administrators and general public of Goa? Furthermore, can the esteemed Head of State’s possibly Idealistic Reverie, reflected in his vision for Goa, inspire a Righteous Revolution to bring our beloved land someday to an Utopian State? The people of Goa can best answer these critical questions, by at least making a modest beginning in the right direction when they go to the polls this time.

Regards
Arnold

Play games, earn tickets, get cool prizes. Play now–it's FREE! http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink1

Goanet recommends, and is proud to be associated with,
'Domnic's Goa' - A nostalgic romp through a bygone era.
This book is the perfect gift for any Goan, or anyone
wanting to understand Goa. Distributed locally by
Broadway, near Caculo Island, Panjim & internationally
by OtherIndiaBookStore.Com. For trade enquiries contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED]