In any serious or prolonged medical situation, along with the care of a good
doctor and good medical care, the comforting touch of a wife or daughter is
invaluable. No son however caring, can fill this role.

I feel sorry for the man. His wife died many years ago and his two sons seem
absorbed in their own affairs as sons are wont to do. I hope at least he has a
sister who can provide some TLC.

No matter how disappointing he was as a caretaker of Goa, caring more for his
party than his ayee and bappa (his land), I wish him full recovery so he can
mend his ways.

Roland Francis
Toronto,