Unlike Eugene, I have never been closely involved with the G.O.A. And therefore
have no problem with it.

I do however have a problem with a star who has exceeded her ‘best by’ date by
close to 40 years, singing once well-composed songs by a famous Goan composer
since dead, that have also exceeded their ‘best by’ dates.

We had these songs sung by Palomi Ghosh in a previous Viva Goa year and now we
have the much older model with a once-pleasing now rusty voice doing the same
routine again.

A turn-off to Viva Goa in my opinion, not to mention the same old, same old
format (stalls, Indian Ambassador, Mississauga mayor stage routine) that has
endlessly prevailed.

The only thing Viva Goa is useful for, in my opinion, is to meet friends and
other people you have not met over the past year anywhere else.