While we are amidst elections, the deceitful BJP is trying to desperately
and deviously garner sympathy over the death of Manohar Parrikar. But the
people of Goa are no fools. From the very statements of the BJP leaders
that this is going to garner votes for BJP is admission that the BJP is
bankrupt to showcase any of its achievements during the reign of Manohar
Parrikar and instead, the party is heading towards near annihilation.

We all know the sheer mess that the former Chief Minister has selfishly and
very ruthlessly left behind.  It has been a long string of U-turns,
abundant scams and corruption galore.

The current so called condolence meetings are infact party campaign
meetings and even ferrying those ashes across the State will bring no
solace to the fast sinking saffron party. Time for the Election Commission
to step in and prevent malpractices by a dying party at the cost of a dead
man.

While mourning should be a private family affair, the BJP is shamelessly
publicizing those private visits of dignitaries to the residence of late
Manohar Parrikar. All this stage managed cheap drama will yield the BJP no
mileage and they should just allow Manohar Parrikar’s Soul to rest in
peace.

Goa needs to move on and recover from the irreparable damage and
destruction of the State that we have witnessed over the last few years.
Less said the better on the awful and appalling legacy that Manohar
Parrikar has left behind. Goa's most corrupt, communal and very vindictive
Chief Minister.

Aires Rodrigues

Advocate High Court

C/G-2, Shopping Complex