From: Office Of Rajdeep Sardesai <officeofrajdeepsarde...@gmail.com>
Sent: 25 May 2020 13:02
Subject: The south India model: What north India could learn about governance
and citizenship by Sagarika Ghose

In coronavirus times, what Kerala thinks today, India should think
tomorrow. Kerala has over 800 Covid cases, yet so far only 4 have
died. Mortality in other states is far higher. For example Gujarat,
with one of the highest mortality rates in India is reporting over 80
deaths with over 13,000 cases. Kerala was once derided for its failure
to create jobs, for the “killing fields” of Kannur. Uttar Pradesh
chief minister Yogi Adityanath mocked Kerala’s healthcare record and
Prime Minister Narendra Modi described infant mortality among Kerala
adivasis as worse than Somalia. But today the internationally
acclaimed Kerala model has delivered better than the trumpeted Gujarat
model. read full article

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/bloody-mary/the-south-india-model-what-north-india-could-learn-about-governance-and-citizenship/

--
If the 2014 elections changed India, 2019 may well have defined what
'new India' is likely to be all about. In my new book, “2019: How Modi

Pre-order your copy here: http://bit.ly/HowModiWon