That's why we do not know why, and perhaps we
will never really find out the reason for these 'transgressions.'
Unquote

I listened to an interview on Al Jazeera with 3 diverse people well qualified
and experienced with China affairs and this is what they had to say:

* China is asserting itself - see aggression on South China Seas, new Hong Kong
legislation and economic challenges to the US.

* China is warning off India from its friendship with the US and Japan by
deliberately causing trouble on the border. This is embarrassing India since
there is nothing it can do. Escalation will result in humiliation.

* In all areas, China is seeing what they can get away with. They have already
asserted dominance in the South China Seas through a series of confrontations
with which they have succeeded. The US has no leadership globally, Europe is at
a loose end and Russia is out, except to challenge the incumbent. China is
making moves to fill in the gap.

Roland.
Toronto