Rhythm and grace music family

Rhythm and grace music family consists of Alex Duketow, his life partner
Miriam and their nine children (Bethany, Caleb, Kristen, Madeline,
Marygrace, Marissa, Monica, Rachel, and Stephen). They live in the
beautiful farm country near Peterborough, Ontario, Canada surrounded by
fields, forests, lakes, and rivers. They sing Celtic Gospel music, folk
songs at parishes, weddings, and social gatherings. They perform at
community musical concerts too. All of them know to sing, play musical
instruments like rhythm guitar, electric bass guitar, violin, accordion,
piano, Irish whistle, and keyboard. Alex and Miriam write the lyrics and
compose music, their children contribute to harmonic and countermelodies to
the songs. Their music activities have led to a dynamic home-life filled
with music from morning till night. They are for pro-life and pro-family
values. They produce life-giving music with Celtic, Gospel and classical
sounds for the whole family. Their message of hope and love that runs
through their lyrics and music is what the world so badly needs today.

Speaking about their music and concerts Alex says, “We aim to make our
concerts fun and full of variety. We include fiddling, step-dancing,
accordion, well known songs, original songs, and a few classical pieces.
Everything we do is an expression of gratitude to the Lord for the gift of
life, family, and our faith.”
They are surely an inspiration to other families across the world. Rhythm
and Grace music family reminds me the Trapp Family Singers of nine members
in “The Sound of Music” movie with Julie Andrews playing the role of Maria
von Trapp and Christopher Plummer as Captain von Trapp. Coincidently both
the families have nine members and all enjoy singing, fun, and dancing.

In the following video Rhythm and Grace Music family sings “Hallelujah
Christ Arose”.

Peace and Joy of Easter.
Pratap Naik, sj