I was very sad to hear that GOA TODAY,  a  magazine I've
been a life subscriber of ever since the days of my dear
friend, Lambert Mascarenhas, is to cease publication later this
month.  A sad day especially for us, overseas Goans, who
eagerly looked forward to each monthly issue.
   While I accept that all good things must come to an
end, I must close by mentioning the founder Editor of GOA TODAY -
my dear friend(Lambert Mascarenhas) who, despite initial
financial problems steered this magazine through sometimes
stormy waters. Difficult to know how many overseas Goans
responded to his appeal for support when the going was
tough.
   Anyway, thanks also to the current Editor, my friend,
Vinayak Naik in whose offices I spent some time many moons
ago discussing a variety of subjects. Wish you well, Vinayak.

Mervyn Maciel