Memories of Poona blog scores 100

We've hit a milestone that we'd like to share with you all .. there are now
well over 100 articles on our blog https://memoriesofpoona.blogspot.com
Our blog is best viewed on a large-screen computer that allows you to sort
articles by "label" and "date", but the blog can also be viewed on any
device that supports a browser.
>From a small seed that was planted back in July 2022, we now have a
treasure trove of 115 stories covering a whole gamut of Memories of Poona
in the following 5 broad categories (aka labels)
Personalities: From stories of valiant servicemen brought to us by Conrad
Dalton to biographies of stellar educators, selfless humanitarians,
accomplished academicians and sportspeople and much more.
Landmarks: Iconic schools and colleges (like St Vincent's, Fergusson
College and COEP), places of worship (like Churches, Synagogue and
Agiaries) and even Shops and restaurants (like Dorabjees and Kayani Bakery)
and so on.
Traditions: Parsi festivities and Christmas festivities. Looking for posts
from other Poona communities.
Neighbourhoods: Ranging from life in Nirmala Nivas, Castellino Building and
Gulati Mansion to life on Ardeshir Irani Road and in Kudds
Memories: For us, this is the best part of individual accounts that harken
back to a kinder gentler time and pull at the heartstrings to reveal a
personal account
We at Memories of Poona have so many to thank in particular
Our mentor Frederick Noronha, who continues to help provide expert advice
garnered from over 40 years of journalism
Our resident prolific writer Ruzbe Mistry, who keeps us spellbound with
poetic posts.
Our resident historians Sudeep Saini and Ajay Ghatage, both of whom delight
us with evocative photos from the past. Supriya Barsode for her amazing
pencil sketches of Poona landmarks.
Suman Singhal, Ashwin Panemangalore, Sudheer Gaikwad, Preeti Mudliar, Bomi
Poch, Abdul Jabbar Shaikh et al, all of who conjure up wonderful stories
from the past. And many many more - you know who you are even if we haven't
called out your name please continue writing about memories of Poona that
bring a smile to your face and brighten our day.
Last but not least the selfless volunteers at Memories of Poona, each with
a unique set of talents, who choose to work anonymously - couldn't have
asked for a better group of folks to collaborate with.
Here's a toast to many more milestones as we look forward to hearing more
of your stories and memories,
Volunteers of Memories of Poona

#memoriesofpoona #mop #poona #takemehometopoona

Forwarded by:
--

FN * +91-9822122436 * 784 Saligao 403511 Bardez Goa

FN https://www.youtube.com/c/FrederickFNNoronha/videos

or https://bit.ly/FNOnYouTube

FN1 https://bit.ly/FNVideos1 FN2 https://bit.ly/FNVideos2