Concani is destroyed after 1961. The youth of Goa do not speak the language.
Abhi saab Goa kah bachon Hindi aur Angrezi mein baath kartha hai.

BC'''''''''''''''''''''''
This is why we are deeply grateful, and
offer heartfelt collective thanks to the Bharatiya Jnanpith for discerning
the literary and cultural greatness of our icon, in a profound validation
for our language, which is still in the course of rejuvenation after
suffering greatly in the initial phases of the 451-year colonial period.
The cataclysm following Portuguese conquest scattered our people so widely
that Konkani is now the only language in the world in daily use in an
incredible five different scripts (Devnagiri, Malayalam, Kannada,
Perso-Arabic and Roman). In all five, our sentiment is the same today. *Deu
borem korum.*