There are several doctrines to the humanity of giving and letting Time or God
determine its net worth.  There are also those who give no quarter and take no
quarter, and some others who take a quarter and give none back.

One learned Goan took the prerogative even further, berating at not having been
conferred the Verodiano Award despite a) he was my friend and b) he was the
first Goan to purchase my painting in 1969 at an “exorbitant” price (Rs.
20/-)[Twenty Rupees].

In the chess game of existence and survival, one must be cautious to give if
one expects to receive in return.  However, like any fertile seed, a good deed
will work its way to the surface and bloom!

Dom Martin