 TRI Continental Film Festival - Dona Paula, Goa, Sep 28 - Oct 2, 2007

http://www.moviesgoa.org/tricontinental/tricon.htm

For public viewing. Registration at  The International Centre Goa.  (Ph:
+91-832-2452805 to 10)

              Online Media Partner:  http://www.GOANET.org
Dear Sanny,
I will avoid expressing in Konkani this time around. Perhaps my
Konkani is incomprehensible to you. Sorry. But, in your piece Konkani
Amche Bhaxeak Vatai, which incidentally appeared in Issues 858, 863,
and now in 871, you set out to expound you views, based on how you
interpreted the views and sharing of seven netters on Goanet. i
promptly responded but my response showed up in Issue 862. I did it at
work as opposed to waiting to get home and do it as was picturesquely
contemplated when you began the para on me. Speaking for myself this
time (although I often tend to use my body to deflect hits to others),
I thought I did a decent job to the best of my current ability in
writing in Konkani. So what I do not understand is whether you were
expecting no response, a comprehensive analysis, or are awaiting
surely understand that there is no sarcasm or any hidden agenda here.
Besides no one else is responding, but I am sure that many have read
your post in lands far and near Goa, and though that the "ignorant"
has been taught a lesson--vinegar or puchhapari misango. The repeat
post (almost we use repetitive elements in design element) attracts
all the more attention at least to me considering the following
excerpt:

Aiz zaitea zanank mhoji kirodh chodteli kiteak hanv soth tench ugdapem
kortam, anik
tumi tor zanam soth sodanch kodu! Kiteak aiz vinagrin thodeamche gai
hanv dhuvunk sodtam - fokot amche Konkani mai-bhaxe khatir.
(Today many will be subjected to my wrath (or will hate me) because I
am opening (revealing) the truth (laying bare the truth), and you
certainly know that the truth is always bitter! Because today, using
vinegar, I am looking forward to cleansing the wounds of a few people
- just for our mother tongue, Konkani (for mother tongue's sake))

I may not have the level of fluency in writing in Konkani, that others
have, but my understanding and comprehension of it is second to only a
few. This should not be regarded as a boast. Nor should any untoward
ideas get reinforced just because I occasionally request words in
Konkani on Goanet. I may add here that I have never received a
response to my Konkani queries. My usage of the linguistic terms in my
response to you, are from the TSKK Linguistic glossary (in Nagari
script).

I took your post in good spirit, and avoided speculative details. Its
not a huge deal but I am trying to understand your motivation in
periodically posting the same material; considering that I was counted
by you as one of the martyrs for Konkani. Is it that I did not stay
martyred? I have always respected your posts, and was happy to learn
the names of the writers/winners and their books; of the Konkani Bhasa
Mandal awards. Truly, I would appreciate a response from you if you
care.

Venantius J Pinto