                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

 TRI Continental Film Festival - Dona Paula, Goa, Sep 28 - Oct 2, 2007
           http://www.moviesgoa.org/tricontinental/tricon.htm

                           For public viewing
Registration at The International Centre Goa Ph: +91 (832) 2452805 to 10

              Online Media Partner:  http://www.GOANET.org
Thank you for your usual thought-provoking post.  I should let it stand on its
own.

Yet to piggy-back on it, what you are alluding to are the challenges of
parenting.  This is teaching our children and exhorting the next generation to
adopt the good while keeping our distance from the bad.  That is not difficult.
Many have done it over several generations.

Unfortunately what we see today, our Goan intellectuals have glamorized shallow
progressiveness. We see that quite a bit on Goanet and repeated much of that on
this thread.  In fact what was amazing to me was that the postings were made by
those who do not practice what they propounded.

So our children (in Goa and in the Goan Diaspora) do not need to know Goa by
reading "Domnic's Goa". They should know Goa from their parents. And "Domnic's
Goa" should be a reference book in each Goan home rather than in the section of
'fictional novels'.

Kind Regards, GL

------------- Frederick [FN] Noronha
Actually no! I'm just afraid we might get there ... after all that is
"development" as we define it, and which we all unquestionably accept.
Affluenza is getting all of us -- the illness of plenty, getting more than we
need and not knowing what to do with it.

We're on this roller-coaster that's taking us from being poor and quite
satisfied, to being affluent and perennially dissatisfied. So when I say our
kids might reach there one day, I feel sorry for them. They would never know
what they missed ... except for being able to perhaps read books like "Domnic's
Goa"! --FN