Thank you Gabe for the input, I was previously reiterating my post because
someone had posted "as a fact" a 10yr old boy had contracted AIDS by eating an
infected PINEAPPLE (told his parents/doctor he had eaten pineapple from a
vendor) and this was the way he got AIDS, in 15 days.

  When are facts no longer a fact but a dodgy & devious way someone has falsely
accused someone of doing something that is not at all true, we do not know this
to be a fact at all because this poster has not responded to his allegation.
We do not know if the vendor exists, the boy exists or even if this story is
true!

  What is actually going on is that this is nothing at all to do with HIV or
AIDS etc, this is a case of unlicensed & unsupervised vendors on the streets,
roads, by-ways and highways of Goa.  They are causing enormous problems, both
socially & by their very nature, being unlicensed or unsupervised, they are
selling their wares, illegally.

  Someone is fed up with this (probably the majority of posters on this site
too), that other forms of contamination may be present, such as foul water,
dirty & contaminated containers, utensils etc etc which are giving people food
poisoning.

  To use HIV / AIDS as a means to an end is deplorable, and this is why I
reiterated my post & have replied to you so that this is out in the open where
everyone can trace this story in Goanet Archives.

  I was also not aware the subject of HIV etc had already been done to death on
this forum, as a "new boy" arriving only this year, I have not had the time to
go through all the posts to see if the subject was brought up previously, I
only know what I read a fortnight or so ago, that a 10yr old boy was infected
with AIDS by eating a bloodied slice or two of pineapple which had been spilt
on it.

  I was pointing out that the HIV virus cannot survive outside the body & took
time out to find out if there was any other way he could have caught the HIV
virus, as opposed to catching AIDS which as you know is the symptom of catching
the virus.  I am probably being very perdantic here so now I will close the
subject (unless someone else comes up with another dubious story to peddle
their rubbish as a fact..............).

  Lastly, I do not write on this forum to get a response from others, in fact I
post only to inform.  I reiterate when my original post is either deleted by
the moderator or when a reaction occurs, for whatever reason. Most posters are
concerned that too much bandwidth is taken up by other posters............so no
need to repeat oneself I guess.........

  John Monteiro
  18.11.07...........13.57hrs (UK)
Gabe Menezes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: RESPONSE: With due respect, we have
covered the HIV/AIDS topic numerous times, previously on Goanet.  Long distance
truck drivers are purported to be the ones who spread this diseases in India.
Gabe Menezes. London, England