NAVELIM TO CELEBRATE OUR LADY OF ROSARY FEAST IN KUWAIT

Navelim Youth Centre (NYC) - Kuwait will celebrate the annual Feast of Our Lady of Rosary, patroness of Navelim Church, Goa on Thursday, 22nd November 2007 with a Thanksgiving Mass at 6:30 pm at the Holy Family Cathedral - Kuwait City and a get-together of members and their families later at Hotel Village Inn.

All NYC members, their families and Navelim parishioners in Kuwait are cordially invited to attend the function. For further details please contact NYC Executive members.

Allan Savio Fernandes
Gen. Secretary
Navelim Youth Centre (NYC), Kuwait

Feast in Navelim (Goa)

The celebration of the feast of Our Lady of Rosary begins every third Wednesday in November at the Navelim church, and comprises an extensive celebration which begins with traditional processions and novenas.

Every four years, the statue of Our Lady of Rosary is brought down from the altar and a procession takes her to Holy Rosary School, where mass is held at the playground. On the third Wednesday, a candlelight procession carries the beautifully decorated statue back to the church.

On the feast day, there is a grand fireworks display, besides Konkani tiatrs and dances. The grand fair has all the traditional stalls besides those selling furniture and even farming animals like goats and cattle. [Arti Das, GT]

www.goa-world.com

"BLACK" - 1st Konkani e-cinema - screening on 30th Nov. at Hawalli A.C. Auditorium Tickets available at Raja Stores (Kuwait City) email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]