Dear Pandu,

Plenty of people in Goa read the GT and its editorials. IMHO, this is
a rare one that unfortunately went off the tangent. One only had a
bland first autopsy report [shorn of anything remotely suggesting rape
or murder] to go by then. Drowning on the seafront is not so rare in
Goa that one gets all excited about.

I dare say the former bar owner makes a better Home Minister [and even
CM] than any other in Goa so far. He was able to reduce Matka, curb
goondas and even put a former CM behind bars ...without really
creating enemies. His greed for CONVERTING land did him in ....as it
did Prakash Phadte [anyone remember this TCP Minister in the BJP Govt.
in Goa at the turn of the Millenium?] and his successor in the same
failure, Babush. Conversion is a big "NO!"

The GT is no longer owned by a nominal Goan ...it is owned by a
fulfledged Maharashtrian!

"Investigative journalism" more or less died with Norman Dantas in
Goa. In fact, journalism is largely replaced by creative writing
[forget the grammar] and advertorials. Even cops have given up
investigations in favour of extracting confessions.

Mog asundi.

Miguel

> Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 20:08:08 -0400
> From: "Pandu Lampiao" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [Goanet] Mystery or farce ...(Editorial, Gomantak Times)
>
> On the story of Scarlette Keeling: wonder who writes the editorials at the
> Gomantak. And wonder if anyone reads the Gomantak at all?!
.  And the home minister...I mean, he is
> a bar owner who moved up rather quickly defying the logic of wind-fall gains!
> And this paper is used (its owned by Goas richest ghaati family btw) for
> 'other' means is my best guess......which newspapers in Goa ever does even
> the minutest exposes? Apologies to Lionel.
> >>>>>>>>>>
>  "What the mother of the girl and her lawyer want is a story  that she was
> murdered. The evidence at this point of time  does not lend itself to this
> theory.
  Even if they do, will the family accept the verdict?"

--
Miguel Braganza, S1 Gracinda Apts,