This is to express deepest condemnation of the attack on section of Press
including journalists from Herald and HCN at Advalpal Gram Sabha last Sunday
June 29, 2008. They were violently driven away from the Gram Sabha from there.
Village Sarpanch and mining companies are targeting Journalists in order carry
forward their shoddy deals.

This is a third instance of attack on Freedom of Speech and Expression within a
fortnight. Earlier two instances includes when I was tagged as naxal on June
19, 2008 by Goa leader of the Opposition and two blogs that I write to were
targeted. Then during the Margao Eve teasing violence a journalist Komarpant
was violently targeted by State police force and seriously injured on June 27,
2008.

Freedom of Press is a Fundamental Right that cannot be compromised under any
circumstances. It is time for People of Goa to rally together in defence of
Freedom of Press that has been guaranteed under Article 19.

Sd/-
Sebastian Rodrigues
on Behalf of Goa Su-Raj Party

2000 Placements last year. Are You next ? Find out