This Email is in Response to Remo Fernandes's Email on how he was
"mistreated" at Goa Airport, among other emails from your readers and the
news in General from Goa.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hypocrisy is defined by wikipedia as this; "Hypocrisy (or being a hypocrite)
is the act of pretending to oppose a belief or behaviour while holding the
same beliefs or behaviours at the same time. "

Of late, over the past year or two, the calls for evicting the "outsiders"
from Goa has become increasingly vocal. "Outsiders" are the reason for high
land prices, crime, and everything else possible. Even for those of us who
have made Goa our home, we are treated as 'outsiders' however long we may
have lived here.

If one sticks to the definition of Hypocrisy, I think it is quite
appropriate to use the word in a situation like this. Goans were among the
first people from the country to migrate overseas. Thousands of Goans reside
Overseas in the U.K. , Canada and ofcourse, the Gulf countries; there is
absolutely nothing wrong with migrating in search of greener pastures, we
are all economic migrants in this day and age.

A majority of Goans in the West hold foreign passports and are quick to
apply for the naturalization process; also quite normal, who doesn't want
the convenience and ofcourse the false sense of prestige that accompanies a
foreign passport?

What is saddending and incredulous however, is the calls by Overseas Goans
as well "to evict the outsiders from Goa"; I'm sorry , the logic is lost on
me. One of the largest sections of Indian society that has been migrating
for generations and made use of opportunities overseas is not a supporter of
migration?

It's ok to have white trash in Goa, all year round, but not Indians from
other states, a vast majority of whom are hardworking, honest people?

Don't mistake me; I love Goa, I was born in Goa, and lived in Goa for close
to 25 years now. Almost all the Goans I know are generally warm and friendly
people, something that you cant really say for many other parts of the
country unfortunately.

I would love for people to come forward and educate me, on the hypocrisy
that is the "outsiders".

Rahul M.