--
Samir Umarye

BICHOLIM, SEPT 21 - If you can't beat them, make efforts to understand
them.
It was a political gathering with a difference, as 60 BJP workers were
given a crash course on media techniques at a two-day media management
training camp in Mulgao-Bicholim, which began on Saturday.
The two-days residential camp was organised by the State BJP in
association with the Rambahvu Mhalgi Prabhodhini (RMP) of Mumbai.
"This is the first time that we are organising a two-day training camp
for BJP workers from every taluka," explained Shubhash Salkar, BJP
General Secretary and Goa Media Cell Incharge.
"This is an attempt to make our BJP workers aware of the importance of
the media in the political arena. There are several developmental
works and meetings held at every level from the panchayat level
onwards, but not all issues are reported in the newspapers," Mr Salkar
added.
He informed that representatives from all constituencies are attending
the camp and experts would guide them on several media issues.
"Today, we need to explain to the people the efforts of the BJP and
without the media, this is not possible. We cannot expect the media to
come to us all the time and so, we need to approach the media. This is
exactly the idea of the camp," Mr Salkar said.
During the two-day camp, BJP workers were made aware on issues such as
building relations with the media, writing press notes, organising
press conferences and focusing on importance topics while writing news
and stories for the media.
"We would like a BJP representative to handle the media and in this
regard, there will be a special Press Unit of the party in every
constituency," Salkar said.
Resource persons at the camp include Maharashtra BJP Media Cell
Incharge Keshav Upadhya (writing press notes), AIR News Reporter
Balaji Prabhugaonkar (radio journalism), DD News Reporter Sunil Naik
(television journalism) and RMP Chief Co-coordinator Ravindra Sathe
(propaganda and publicity).
National BJP Spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy will address the
concluding function on Sunday.