Dear Joe /and Ayres,

Here are vintage photos of most of the tiatrists you requested, and others:

(courtesy Fausto V. da Costa and Gaspar Almeida/goa-world). I've linked
the pics for you, as many aren't indexed, and thus unavailable. For any
tiatrist-lover the site is a gold-mine, with delightful articles by the likes
of Tomazinho Cardozo, Flaviano Dias, Pramod Kale, etc. amongst many others:

Kid Boxer
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p100.htm

Anthony Mendes
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p27.htm

Carmo Rod; H. Britton; Titta Pretto
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p48.htm :

Minguel Rod, Master Vaz, Alexinho de Candolim, Remmie
Collaco, Jacinto Vaz, Vincent de Saligao, C. Alvares
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p6.htm

M. Boyer
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p43.htm

Remmie Collaco
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p49.htm

C. Alvares, Alfred Rose, Fr. Xavier D'Souza, Prem Kumar, John Claro
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p4.htm

Alfred Rose, Anthony Mendes, Andrew Fernandes, Jacinto Vaz,
C. Alvares, Remmie Colaco,Miss Mohana,Souza Ferrao, Vincent
de Saligao, Effie Fernandes, Master Vaz, Anthony De Sa
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p87_88.htm

Seby Coutinho
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p56.htm

Bai Ophelia and Bab Peter
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p50.htm

Shalini
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p53.htm

Antonette and Romeo Mendes
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p59.htm

John Gomes/Kokoy
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p60.htm

Lorna
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p62.htm

First Ladies of Konkani stage -
Regina and Luisa Fernandes - 1st and 2nd wives
of Joao Agostinho Fernandes "Pai Tiatrist"
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p95.htm

Treasury of tiatrist writers/dramatists, etc.
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p66.htm

Songs of Minguel Rod and Young Menezes
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p75.htm

Minguel Rod's obituary (1955):
http://www.goa-world.com/goa/tiatr&tiatrist/p102_103.htm

Valmiki, your series is fascinating - great stuff!

FR

Subject: [Goanet]  Goan music-7: HERALD(Goa), Sept 21, 2008

Thank you Valmiki,

>From your write-up, I come to know for the first time
a lot about the foll named past tiatrists.

I have never seen Miguel Rod, who died at the age of 32
I have never seen Aleixinho de Candolim (died at the age of 49)
I have never seen Anthony Mendes except in Amchem Noxib film
I have never seen Jhepsis Hitler but heard about him before.
I have never seen Kid Boxer
I have never seen Young Menezes

I wonder at what age the others (above) tiatrists died.
I also wanted to know how they look like --if any one got their pics please
share with us.