Some months ago, we entered into a long debate about the noble role that Gram
Sabhas would play in Goa in restoring democracy and returning it to the people.

Today, unfortunately, members of the Gram Sabhas were instrumental in
disrupting the Gram Sabha and getting Venita Coelho arrested. Having met
Venita, I can assure you this dainty lady is not capable of physically hurting
a fly, and the very thought of the police arresting her is beyond ridiculous.

But I believe, I was a lone voice on Goanet who repeatedly said that democracy
has certain established routes, and by giving Gram Sabhas a role which they are
ill-equipped to handle will only undermine the cause of democracy and not
restore it to its full potential.

I now rest my case.
Selma