When it was announced that Bapu's items will be auctioned off there was a big
hue and cry. Everybody criticized James Otis for auctioning them. How did Mr.
Otis get these items ? Was he related to Mahatma Gandhi ? No. Mahatma Gandhi
gifted these items to his known people and these people got rid of the items
for reasons unknown. So why blame Mr. Otis?
Politicians, media and the general public stated these items should be brought
to India. Who came forward ? Politicians? No. Media? No. Now we blame Mr. Vijay
Mallya for buying these items for India because he is a liquor baron. In India
we have the richest people in the world. Ambanis, Mittals and so on. Where were
they ? In Goa especially we have the richest people among the politicians, but
who cared. May be they could not come forward as the wealth they amassed is
illegal. Kudos to Mr. Mallya for buying these items for India. Today no one
respects Mahatma Gandhi's ideologies and his things are of no value to our
government who can only bark. Now at least Bapu's things will lie in the ashram.
Not that Mr. Mallya cares for all the idiotic criticism leveled against him. He
does what he thinks best as an individual and as long it benefits the nation he
has to be applauded for the good deeds. BTW is selling liquor illegal in
India???