* G * O * A * N * E * T *** C * L * A * S * S * I * F * I * E * D * S *

Sangath, www.sangath.com, is looking to build a centre for services, training
and research and seeks to buy approx 1500 to 2000 sq mtrs land betweeen Mapusa
and Bambolim and surrounding rural areas. Please contact: contac...@sangath.com
or yvo...@sangath.com or ph+91-9881499458
http://lists.goanet.org/pipermail/goanet-goanet.org/2009-July/180028.html

People, this info is worth knowing:
In November 2008, the Hindustan Times’ LiveMint broke the story of an infant
in Bangalore having died after being administered a vaccine in a drugs
trial. The Drugs Controller-General of India (DCGI), Dr Surinder Singh,
halted the testing, reportedly the first time that the office of the DCGI
had taken such action. The trial, for a new pneumonia vaccine, was being
conducted by a Hyderabad-based contracted research organisation, GVK
Biotech, for the US-based multinational Wyeth Pharmaceuticals. The infant
had been recruited from St. John’s Medical College, a reputed private
medical institution in Bangalore.

Bodies for hire; The outsourcing of clinical trials  August 2009
By: Sandhya Srinivasan

Medical testing by Western countries is having a staggering impact on India,
if only we were to care to pay attention. And the government’s own policies
are encouraging this.

http://himalmag.com/Bodies-for-hire;-The-outsourcing-of-clinical-trials_nw3213.html

venantius