> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:21:55 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Gabriel de Figueiredo <gdefigueir...@yahoo.com.au>
> Subject: Re: [Goanet] Arrest warrant against Indian student in Oz -
> dnaindia.com

> See also
> http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25963630-661,00.html

> and
> http://www.theage.com.au/national/southbank-crash-police-vow-to-hunt-killer-20090821-est9.html

> On another topic, foreign students will face greater screening as the
> (Australian) Government cracks down on visa fraud and scrutinises their
> (students') ability to finance life in Australia.
> http://www.theage.com.au/national/education/foreign-students-face-more-stringent-tests-20090820-es2w.html

Thanks for the links Gabriel.

rubygoes

> Message: 9
> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:10:10 +0000
> From: Albert Desouza <alizadeso...@hotmail.com>
> Subject: [Goanet] Fight for your right
> To: Major domo goanet
>

> Albert writes:- We have a habbit of buying lots of electrical and electronic
> and digital gadgets and 98 % of these gadgets sold in the Goa market have
> defects but the shopkeeper knows very well that all the defective items can
> be pushed into the goan market. You buy a computer in Mumbai or Bangalore and
> you buy one in Goa and see the difference. Goans have one dirty habbit. We
> are over friendly with the person selling goods, and the one who comes to
> your house for maintainance. Baba re puta re are the adjectives used when the
> mechanic comes to your door. I too belong to this group. I have learnt much
> from my friend Tony De Sa. It was the time when consumer's forum had just
> been started and I had complained to this forum without knowing much about
> the forum. My complaint was against electricity department. Tony De Sa had a
> simple case. He was coming down to Goa from Bombay. He was to board the bus
> at a particular point but at the last moment the bus stop was changed .He had
> o take a taxi. Paid Rs. 30 for the same. He filled a case in the consumer's
> court fought the case and won.His case was not much for gain but to teach
> people like me how to fight. This was the time I too learnt that I should
> fight for my right. I had bought IFB washing machine, two years warranty.
> Within six months the chasis got rusty. They replaced it. Eight days before
> the expiry of the warranty the timer started giving trouble. The mechanic was
> a wise person. He took a thread and wound it round and made it work .The
> timer worked and exactly one month later it stopped to be told that I had to
> pay for the timer. I approached the consumer's court. I won the case. Got a
> free IFB and got a cheap publicity also. The result this news of the case
> came in all the leading newspapers in India. It was a loss for the IFB. They
> came out with best quality product. Its almost ten years now that I have the
> IFB God forbid nothing has happened so far.

Good on you Albert!
Wish I had your patience.

rubygoes

Need a new model in your life? Sell your car fast.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F866383&_t=758314219&_r=carpoint_tagline&_m=EXT