You are right Domnic we should write as accurately as possible, and the words should be written as 'makodd' and 'Khetem'.
Fausto

Domnic wrote:
As far as I know, the Goan Konkani word for monkey is "makod". However, in Karnataka they call it "mankod." Hence, I wrote ..... we in Goa write
it as "makod." The female monkey is known as "keldem."

Whenever we write Konkani on a public forum, let us keep in mind that
there are scores of people, including Goans in foreign countries, who
pick up what we write and learn from us. Therefore, we should write as
accurately as possible rather than confuse and misguide them.