Cyclone effect: Trawlers missing off Goa coast

The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has launched a search operation after
several Goa-based fishing trawlers went missing as the Arabian Sea
turned rough under the influence of Cyclone Phyan, officials said on
Wednesday.

"Our patrol vessels are already on the lookout for the trawlers. We have
also pressed a lookout aircraft into the operation, which will scan the
sea off Goa in search of the missing trawlers," Commandant N Saxena of
the ICG base in Goa said.

He did not give the exact number of trawlers missing, but unconfirmed
reports peg the number at 30.

Coastal areas of Goa are no longer endangered by the cyclone, the state
meteorology department said, adding that Cyclone Phyan was heading in
the direction of Gujarat.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/goa/Cyclone-effect-Trawlers-missing-off-Go
a-coast/475124/H1-Article1-475240.aspx

~(^^)~