Wow !  This forum gives us so much historical news.  I have a question of those
who might
know:

As a 7 year old in 1947, our family had travelled by ship from East Africa to
Mormugoa, Goa.  As the ship entered the harbor, there were several ship masts
sticking out of the water, obviously of sunken ships.  Later I was given to
understand that these were German
ships that had gathered in Mormugoa  for safe harbor to avoid being torpedoed
if they ventured out to sea, and that at the end of World War II the Germans
had deliberately
scuttled their ships rather than allow them to fall into British hands.

Could these have been the same ships referred to in a couple of posts here on
GoaNet, which were sabotaged by the British ?  The story "Sea Wolves"was later
made into a movie
which I vaguely remember watching many years ago.

I appreciate  all the postings on this forum which enlighten us.