Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:19:11 +0800
From: A C Fernandes <gscc...@gmail.com>

>From corrupt, greedy and dodgy Panchayat members from Carmona to
Chicalim to Cansaulim, to the Town and Country Planning Department
which is on a merry course to approve these mega-projects and
construction projects, to of course the biggest goons, thugs and
thieves that masquerade as our Goan Politicians and MLAS, while
selling Goans and our Goan Villages to further their vested interests
and that of their patrons namely the Builders there seems to be no end
in sight.

From: Herald's Editorial January 15th.
"Big builders mould pliant panchayats"

Excerpt:

That the TCP has fallen foul of the law is evident, not just in this
project but in so many others. Its record in cases filed in the High
Court stands testimony. But however much the Rahejas may have got the
Panchayat and the TCP wrapped around their little finger, they still
have to reckon with the people.

And activists from Carmona have now resolved to knock the doors of the
judiciary to challenge the decision of the village Panchayat approving
Raheja's plan for sub-division of plots. More power to them; may the
people of the village continue to stand strongly by their side.
[end of excerpt]

Mario responds:

Memo to Tony D'Sa & Samir Kelekar

Here is an illustration of a REAL problem going on right under your RG noses
that can be addressed before it is too late.

Instead of wasting your time throwing stones at NRGs, perhaps you can go help
these local villagers get organized.  Take Floriano and Venita with you and Joe
to take pictures.