Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:17:09 +0530
From: Tony de Sa <tonyde...@gmail.com>

At this juncture, I would like to emphasize my stand and that of many other
Goans like me. We are not against NRGs per se and I have said time and
again, we certainly appreciate the work done by many NRGs who as Vivian says
work and donate silently. Vivian says quote I sincerely hope we can stop this
labelling game, as we are all Goenkars, and our hearts and sympathies are with
mother Goa  unquote I am sure most Niz Goenkars would echo this sentiment.

Mario responds:

Vivian was right.  However you have just made up a stand out of thin air.  It
was you and Samir who suddenly emerged from your dank hideouts to furiously
attack any NRG with foreign citizenship who wanted to do something for Goa,
which is the only reason I got involved to draw your fire.

Tony wrote:

What I personally and I am sure many like me decry is the
patronizing, supercilious, know it all Non Resident Goenkar. Not all of us
who live in Goa are ignoramuses not all of us hanker for that gift, money or
visa that is dangled in front of the local Goan nor do we appreciate show offs
among the foren returned Goans who try to impress us with money power.  Most of
all we do not want the gratuitous advice which is showered by hot air balloons.
Like telling us that Goa is a mess and change the system blah blah blah ad
nauseam.

Mario responds:

For your nauseum, take a pill with some kanji.  What you appreciate or not is
your problem.  You should have thought about that before you joined Samir's
attack in "foren" NRGs.  Are we supposed to appreciate your attacks?

I don't think Carmen, Rajan, Arwin, Anil, etc. are spending their valuable time
and money to impress you or anyone else.

Tony wrote:

Change the system yes. I would second that. How is the question.

Mario responds:

How, indeed.  A useless question, in my "foren" NRG opinion.  The last time I
checked it was corruption that was the problem, not the "system" of government
in Goa.

Tony wrote:

Now if the so called secular parties field rotters, aren't they forced to vote
for the rotters?  Friend Floriano has tried to change the system, but with all
his enthusiasm and zeal, what is the nett result?

Mario responds:

Put up candidates who are not rotters, like Floriano, then rally support to get
him elected.  Easier said than done, but you have no alternative.

If Floriano has been trying to "change the system" he is wasting his time.

Tony wrote:

P A Sangma and Sharad Pawar tried to buck India's biggest secular party and
the last election left egg on their faces.

Mario responds:

Tell them I said to wipe off the egg and get back in the game.  Richard Nixon,
who had his share of egg on his face, said, "You are not a failure if you lose,
only if you quit."

Tony wrote:

Many of us have stayed in Goa even though there were opportunities to
migrate. This was a choice that we made. Many of us too have made silent
contributions to the state in terms of time, money, skills and talent. Many
of us have been in decision making bodies that have shaped things in Goa. Is
that not serving Goa?

Mario responds:

Yes it is, and for that we "foren" NRGs thank you.

Tony wrote:

I would like to end this by echoing Vivians words that I have quoted above.

Mario responds:

Good.  If you really mean this quit your attacks on "foren" NRGs and join those
of them who want to help in Goa.  You could have taken issue with Samir's
attacks long a ago, but, instead, you joined him and wasted our time and energy
and deflected attention from the real problems in Goa.

BTW, when are you and Wendell going to see the Sarpanch in Carmona?