Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2010 2:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Goanet] 'Khawateen cant discard purdah for politics'

--- On Fri, 3/12/10, Frederick Noronha <fredericknoro...@gmail.com> wrote:

Here again, the leftovers of our religious assumptions come
into play.

A. Separation of church and state.
B. Freedom of religion.
C. Freedom of expression.

1. Why should we be just discussing the burqa, when there
are other dress codes considered inappropriate by members of a
different community?

I mentioned burqa in response to Sandeep's reference to it. What is true of burqa is true of kashti. I have already stipulated that nobody can ban the kashti. Please see:

http://www.colaco.net/1/SantoshKashtidefence.htm

Santosh