I agree with Eric on New York consulate.

If someone asked me ten years ago about the level of customer satisfaction at the NY Indian consulate, I'd give it a miserable score of 2 out of 10.

However, in 2010, it's an entirely different situation. Now I'd give it 9 out of 10.

The NY consulate out-sourced the application collection, fee processing, passport, document checking and validation to a third party at a totally separate location in Manhattan.

Further, you go online, fill in your details, print the application, pay fees, take a desired appointment date and time and you are done. The is no manual intervention.

On the appt. date, you simply drop off your documents and pick up your stuff a few hours later the same day. No long waits and other awful stories to deal with.

All OCI application processing was done online. I had to make just one visit.

Great Service @ NY consulate.

Jim F
New York.

Sent from my iPhone