"One and half day's state mourning, for what?" This is the question asked by
commoners on the streets of Panjim. Who is this man Ravindra Kelekar? May have
a a list of awards and writings to his credit in hindi, devnagiri konkni and
marathi, so what? Awards confered in India do not necessarily make a man great.
We know all the controversy about awards in this country and all the boot
licking and what not that goes on to become eligible. Was a holiday declared
after the demise of Dr. Jack Sequeira, why not? The Gandhian tag is being
attached to Ravindra Kelekar, but what was his Gandhian contribution on the
front of social reconstruction in Goa and promotion of Gandhian values. What
was his contribution to resolve the raging conflicts in Goa?  Did he raise his
voice against the injustices perpetrated on the people of Goa? Was every
section comfortable with Ravindra Kelekar? Is he so great as D.D. Kosambi or
Shenoy Goembab or B.B. Borkar? These are questions that need to be ask
 ed. We also join in paying our respects to Ravindrabab as a literary person
and definitely pray that eternal rest be granted for his soul.

-Soter

Goa-launch of the well-received *Into The Diaspora
Wilderness* by Selma Carvalho on Aug 29, 2010 (Sunday) at 11
am at Ravindra Bhavan, Margao. Meet the author, buy a signed
copy (only Rs 295 in Goa till stock lasts).
http://selmacarvalho.squarespace.com/