Dear all,
Just a quick thank you to Goanet, Goanetters and everyone connected with
Goanet.
I would love to mention names but I will invariably forget one name and cause
ill-feelings.

Thanks to all those who came for the launch, it was wonderful to put faces to
names. You are just as I always imagined you, which goes to show the net is a
pretty good indicator of character. JoeGoaUK escaped once again :-)

The launch was "full South Goan Catholic masti" as they say  and proof positive
that long after our trees, forests and lakes die out, our absolute belief in
the
freedom of speech will never die out :-) Thank you speakers and the
light-hearted moderator.

Thank you to the reviews, the news outlets who gave us an abundance of
publicity
and even premier space on their publications.

Thanks also to all the people who have stepped up and acted as distributors,
carting the book to the Gulf, Canada and Australia, sending it off to friends
and relatives.

Just as the book had been a collaborative community exercise, its unexpected
but
pleasant success has been a community event.

Long live the Goan community spirit. It is certainly not dead but alive and
kicking.

Warm regards,
selma

Goa-launch of the well-received *Into The Diaspora
Wilderness* by Selma Carvalho on Aug 29, 2010 (Sunday) at 11
am at Ravindra Bhavan, Margao. Meet the author, buy a signed
copy (only Rs 295 in Goa till stock lasts).
http://selmacarvalho.squarespace.com/