                    **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

  Goanet joins Noel Rebello to raise money for Daddy's Home (Margao, Goa)
      Sponsor Noel as he climbs Mt. Kilimanjaro (5,882m or 19,298 ft)

        Make a donation at www.Goanet.org, click on MAKE A DONATION,
               state "Daddy's Home" in the Donation comments

         For more information see: http://bit.ly/SupportDaddysHome

--- On Mon, 9/20/10, rajendra kakodkar <rskakod...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Excellent post by Santosh. Tautology by educated conservatives is well
> >known.

I thank Rajendra for his kindness. I am very pleased that Goanet has another
member who understands and appreciates an honest scientific explanation. There
are not many people of this type on Goanet. My experience has been that even
those who have supposedly received a professional scientific education,
especially in the medical field, do not understand what science is all about.
They choose supernatural and superstitious explanations to scientific ones, and
consider scientific arguments even in a secular public forum such as Goanet to
be an affront to their religion. We ought to do everything to prevent the
younger generation from succumbing to these tendencies.

Cheers,

Santosh

P.S. There is nothing wrong in being conservative, liberal, religious,
fundamentalist, agnostic or atheist, as long as you are non-violent,
non-abusive and intellectually honest.