"SOTER"  wrote : <so...@bsnl.in>
To: <goa...@goanet.org>
Subject: [Goanet] Chalo Panjim!

I support the PTA agitation against the attempts of government to make konkani
compulsory from Std. V to X. These communal casteist politicians are doing no
service to Goa nor konkani. They send their children to posh English medium
schools and then to USA while the people in the villages are victimised with
linguistic jingoism.
If at all konkani cause is to be supported then it must be made compulsory for
each and every school in the city to teach in konkani and no other language.
How many politicians who shed tears for konkani have taught their children in
konkani medium schools?

Comments :  Camilo Fernandes

It is no more a surprise that our crooked politicians preach one thing and
practice another.  They just pretend that they are true lovers of Goa and
Konkani but in reality are destroyers.  They will send their family members to
the best English medium schools no matter how expensive they and  for further
studies abroad.    Making Konkani compulsory especially in the Devagiri script
is certain death for Konkani in the long run.  I am all for Konkani to be
studied in Roman script and  it should be made compulsory  as the second
language, the first being English.  These politicians are hypocrites just
externally expressing their love for Konkani but not meaning it or practicising
what they preach.   A good example is of the Shiv Sena in Mumbai where their
top politicians/leaders are against English while demanding admission for their
family members/community in Catholic English medium schools.

Dev borem korum
Camilo Fernandes