                        **** Goanet Classifieds ****

   Enescil, a Brazilian engineering firm requires Engineers, Architects

    and Draftsmen, proficient in AutoCAD, for their new office in Goa

   Those interested can email enescil....@gmail.com by 15 November 2011

     Selected candidates will be sent to Brazil for 2 months training

Appeal From The Elected Representatives

While going through today's news paper an appeal caught my eye, a so called
appeal from the elected representatives of the village panchayat of Navelim to
the Chief Minister of Goa. I presume that this is the Bardez, Navelim and not
the Salcette one. It's an impressive appeal, five of them pleading with joined
hands, while the hands of the other three are out of sight most probably
holding on to the booty given by the mine owners for their treachery.

They called themselves elected representatives of the Village Panchayat, in
more ways than one similar to the elected representatives of the Goa
Legislative Assembly and most probably backed by the higher ruling elite
authority and in all matters no better than them. They both seem to suffer from
amnesia of convenience, they both promise to be faithful to their voters but
once elected they seem to conveniently forget their promises and become slaves
of their masters for the colour of greenbacks.

Today most of our elected representatives are well and truly infected by an
incurable syndrome, even worse than AIDS, once transmitted, so far there is no
cure and the medium of transmission in this case is money. Once their money is
passed from hand to hand, you have it and once you have it, you are stuck with
it for life, in its wake no doubt you become rich but then, you slowly but
surely strip yourself of all your self-respect, sense of decorum, ethics,
conscience, integrity, dignity, uprightness and does not leave around even a
modicum pity and sympathy for yourself.

In this appeal too, it is very evident that the so called elected
representatives of the Village Panchayat have sold their souls to the devil and
are trying to woo and influence the very residents who are bogged down and
buried under the atrocities of mining and miners, they are selling the very
people that elected them and it surely shows their apathy and their lack of
responsibility towards their own.

May I ask, why are they only interested in the welfare of all the mines
employed people and least interested in the welfare of all the mines affected
people ?  Why are they only interested in the economic viability of mines and
least interested in the devastation of our environment and our ecology caused
by incessant mining ? Why are they only aware that mining unemployment could
cause starvation and least interested in the damage that mining has caused to
our rich fertile fields and to the water bodies that could lead to even a worst
situation than starvation ? Why do they want zero buffer zones around wild life
sanctuaries when protecting these sanctuaries should have been the need of the
hour ? I am sure that more than fifty percent, if not all of these elected
members, have no idea or even a clue of what the order of 27th September by the
Mines Department is all about and that says it all.

The answer is very clear, they are certainly not interested in either the
socioeconomic viability or welfare of the mines employed people nor the safety
of the mines affected people, but are only interested in the economic viability
of their own pathetic selves. This is just a ploy to appease their mining and
senior political masters at their behest. Nothing more, nothing less ! Goans
please beware of such pawns that our miners and politicians use against their
own and then go on to call themselves elected representatives. Shame on you
elected representatives of the village panchayat of Navelim, Bardez.

Freddy Agnelo Fernandes

The content of this electronic communication is intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and any others who are
specifically
information.
disclosure,
copying, distribution or otherwise placing reliance on the contents of this
information
is prohibited and may be unlawful in certain legal jurisdictions. If you have
received
this communication in error please notify the sender immediately by responding
to this
email and then delete it from your system.

                       Protect Goa's natural beauty

                    Support Goa's first Tiger Reserve

  Sign the petition at:     http://www.goanet.org/petition/petition.php