As The Great Goan Carnival Unfolds

The election dates are all set and the monkeys are up and about jumping from
branch to branch, tree to tree. I am not so sure if they are in heat and
looking for a mates or just suitors, buffet tables or freebees ?

At the moment it looks like the MGP is still not sure who will make a better
bed partner, the Congress or the BJP and are probably looking towards astrology
to guide them to contentment. The UGDP and the GVP too are undecided whether to
tie the knot or not, even though they are still rolling in the hay. The
Congress is being torn apart by its own heavy weights and they are reluctant to
declare their candidates just yet but once they do, expect all hell to break
loose within the Congress. The BJP on the other hand are acquiring minority
rights trying to field minority candidates to woo minority votes to rectify
their misfired or rather backfired Hindutva ideology. Not to be undone by the
Italian Behenji, the "Bong" baby from Kolkota has "Free Willy" in her sight;
Goa could yet be called "Dakxinn Banga". It's a pity that after a lot of
promise the GRA too has had marital problems in their early marriage and
contesting the elections separately. This time round a lot of solo artists are
planning to give the parties a real run for their money, if not run them out
altogether. Is Goan politics heading in the right direction ?

In Goa Elections are like the Carnival, there are personalities, there is
flare, both are extravaganzas, both are watched with equal zest and zeal, mass
participation, a lot of money flowing and clowns a plenty on all sides. The
carnival has really begun in Goa, masks, make up kits and the different
costumes are available in plenty, to hide their obvious aberrations from the
public eye. They will all try to display passion and gusto to cover up their
obscure vision and an unending trail of soon to be forgotten promises will
follow.

King Momo and his brigade of jokers will line in and zoom on at every possible
doorstep and street corner to perform acts of charity, acts of compassion, acts
of generosity, acts of patriotism or any other acts that will impress the local
populace with their guile and deviousness. Money has already started flowing
out of every political well, like oil flowing from the Gulf. Business for Bars
and restaurants has started booming, free food is being served and liquor too
has started flowing like water from a stream, even though a large amount of
liquor has already been seized by the authorities. The slogan is "eat, drink
and be merry at our cost" but be certain that Goa and Goans will pay and pay
very dearly, as we have been paying all these years.

It is nothing new, this is exactly the sequence of events that has occurred
during every election, so far we have been naïve to fall prey to the phony
generosity of our corrupt politicians and keep on electing them term after
term. It's time for Goans to seriously think, not only of their future but also
about the future of their children and the generations to come. Think straight
and think hard because if this opportunity is lost, be assured we will have
nothing left to fight for in 2017. If we Goans fall prey to the dirty conniving
tactics of these corrupt politicians yet again, it will most certainly not be a
comedy by errors but rather tragedy by design.
Freddy Agnelo Fernandes

The content of this electronic communication is intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and any others who are
specifically
information.
disclosure,
copying, distribution or otherwise placing reliance on the contents of this
information
is prohibited and may be unlawful in certain legal jurisdictions. If you have
received
this communication in error please notify the sender immediately by responding
to this
email and then delete it from your system.

                       Protect Goa's natural beauty

                    Support Goa's first Tiger Reserve

  Sign the petition at:     http://www.goanet.org/petition/petition.php