All Goans today are sad and woke up to the heartrending and shocking news of our dear Mathanys' death. Along with Parrikar who was shown on local television networks genuinely shedding tears for his dear colleague Mathany, I am sure many others in both the BJP as well as Congress and other parties also have felt the great loss of a leader of his stature. What I cannot understand is that Wilfred Misquita who is holding some important position in the BJP uses the death of our great leader to gain political mileage and malign the name of Congress party. He made a statement during the condolence meet which is recorded on television that Mathany was against Congress because of corruption !! Please mister Misquita stop fooling the public at least during a condolence meet like this. Even if you have an axe to grind with the Congress please control your tongue at least on this day which is a sad day for all Goans.

From,

Col.Cyril P.D'Souza ( Retd.)

Calangute
Goa