Yesterday at our Methodist-Presbyterian Hospital in New York, in keeping with
the daily routine, the pastor of the hospital said the morning prayer over the
loud-speaker system.
The prayer caught my ear because the pastor elected to say the morning prayer
of St. Francis Xavier (SFX) as it was his feast day.  I was interested  by its
contents and likely many Goenkars specially Catholics may feel the same.

SFX's morning prayer as provided by Dc. Paul Lehman.

Dear God,
Help us to look upon all nations as your family.
Pour out the abundance of your Spirit upon each one of our brothers and sisters
so that we may give an answer to the hopes which the world places before us
today.
Stay with us, Lord, when we walk the paths of the world side by side with our
brothers and sisters.
Grant that we all find ourselves in heaven, our homeland, after having been
members of the same family on earth.
Amen.

Somehow if one follows postings of Goan Catholics on Goanet, one does not get
the impression that SFX prayed for the people of Asia as reflected in this
prayer. Some postings even portray and allege SFX as being anti-native and
instigator of the inquisition top punish natives.  The last thing Goenkars
attribute to SFX is treating natives as his "brothers and sisters". This prayer
does not even include a prayer (God's blessings) for Goa's colonial masters and
supposedly the patrons of SFX.
Happy belated Feast of SFX - Goencho Saib.

Regards, GL