Herald [22.Mar13]:1 YEAR ON, CM SAYS MATANHY TOO SUPPORTED MOPA AIRPORT" [Pg1]
COMMENTS:

At the outset, GSRP will want to say that the above statement from Goa's honourable CM is nothing but absolute whitest of white lies. The man is dead. He could have said anything and everything that suits this Hitler. Hopefully, Matanhy's so called dear wife will have contrary to say?, that is, if she is not already brainwashed by this Hitler, which we suppose she is.

For one, we, Matanhy's colleagues in arms may have had our differences with his being sweet on the BJP. This is because we knew that Matanhy hated the Congress culture of corruption and manipulations through his bones. BUT Matanhy was a GOAN PATRIOT at heart. We knew Matanhy as a bull-headed guy, in that, when he decided which side he was on, he would stick to that side like quick-fix, never budging a millimeter. It was nigh impossible for him to accept MOPA. He wanted the NAVY out of Dabolim. And he wanted Special Status for Goa to protect Goa's dwindling identity. If at all we knew Matanhy, he was this Matanhy, BJP or no BJP. We have gone on record to say that no sooner than he talked his mind to illegal mining in the forest areas to the HINDU, just before his passing away, he having been the new Environment and Forest Minister after 2012 Elections, these rather strong views had surprised even us. We knew that he had meant every word of it. His immediate demise after he spoke to the press lead us to suspect foul play, as Matanhy didn't have any heart history that we knew of. That is why we were surprised that no post mortem was done. All the more, we had suspected that the free flow of abundant tears from Goa's CM, purported to be Matanhy's friend, could have been crocodile tears. Once dispatched with State honours, the understanding was such that all would be forgotten. But we do not forget what Matanhy stood for. For we knew him up-side-down, his reactions, his emotions, his love for GOA.

We have shared public stages with him against MOPA during the SGF era, at the Adarsh Hall, Margao, at the open air massive meet at Agassaim. And we all spoke against MOPA, that it would destroy Goa, that Dabolim would be taken over by the NAVY if MOPA ever came about. That it was stupid to think that such a small place like GOA needed two airports. That we have to hear from this charlatan Parrikar, after declaring at Matanhy's funeral that his legacy would be fulfilled, that Matanhy supported MOPA Airport is so hugely funny and most offending. Would Matanhy do anything like that when he had declared the list of who is who that has purchased large chunks of land at Mopa? Would MOPA not surface on the BJP's Manifesto if Matanhy had agreed to support MOPA?. Who is this guy fooling??

Matanhy was such a Patriot of Goa that he had even vowed to take arms to fight to safe-guard Goa's Identity. Yes. We had working differences. We chided him when he became the Tourism Minister in the BJP's government and visited Meta Strips, when in fact he had fasted and even gone to jail against it. We chided him when he kept his silence when the 'Goa's Freedom Fight' VCD was released to the schools.

We do not need this charlatan to tell us that Matanhy Saldanha supported MOPA Airport. For this reason, for this treachery, for this deceit, the youth of GOA whose future depends up on DABOLIM remaining GOA'S sole International Airport minus the Navy, will see to it that they start a massive agitation against this deceitful government of Manohar Parrikar and stop this abomination called MOPA from going any further, conceived to take Goa into Maharashtra through the back door, the front door having been shut close in the 1967 Opinion Poll. Also, this guy has the chick to tell the Assembly that he has promised Matanhy Saldanha that Dabolim will never close to Civilian traffic. Who is this charlie to make such promises when as CM he could be 'here today' with no guarantees that he will remain where he is, come tomorrow. Besides, has this assurance come form the defence authorities?

Goa, and more particularly Alina Saldanha must dwell on the above and stop this charade of lies from continuing any further.

Alina ! Are you listening?

Cheers
floriano
goasuraj
9890470896
www.goasu-raj.org
floriano.l...@gmail.com
f...@floriano.lobo
Twitter@flory29

IF YOU WANT TO DO THINGS FOR YOUR GOA,
THAT CAN BE DONE BETTER,
OR HAVE NEVER BEEN DONE.
AND YOU FEEL THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT KIND OF MONEY OR THE INFLUENCE TO GO INTO THE RIGOURS OF CONTESTING LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY ELECTIONS.
BUT YOU HAVE THE SINCERITY, THE DISCIPLINE AND A STOMACH FOR SELF-SACRIFICE,
THEN, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
WELCOME ABOARD.
YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE RIGHT PARTY WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE,
WHO ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU ARE.
YOU CAN BE ONE OF THE PARTY'S 30 CANDIDATES FOR ELECTIONS 2017.
SO, TALK TO US TODAY,
FOR, TOMORROW MIGHT BE TOO LATE.
CALL 9890470896 , NOW.
EMAIL: floriano.l...@gmail.com
WE ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL NEVER REGRET HAVING TAKEN THIS INITIATIVE.
THANK YOU