On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Alex Flint <alex.fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Under what conditions does a cgo package get recompiled? I am using
> go-sqlite3 and it appears that the C compiler/linker is run every time I
> build my project, even though I am not changing any of the C sources. I
> would have expected it to be run once and then the results re-used, but
> perhaps there are some special rules for cgo recompilation?

Currently the go tool either compiles an entire package or doesn't
compile it at all.  If it is a cgo package with .c files, it compiles
those .c files every time it thinks any part of the package needs to
be recompiled--e.g., if you changed the Go code.

I thought there was an issue open about that, but I couldn't find it.

Ian