Hi there,

I have a struct that needs to be marshalled/unmarshalled using various
serialization formats(xml, json, name/value). The tags start to represent a
considerable effort[0] so I'm wondering if this is a common use case and if
a change[1] to the encoding packages to specify the tag key/selectors would
be a bad idea. Another option would be to use a standard tag key as default
(e.g. "encoding") but I think it may violate  the Go1 backward
compatibility.

Mihai.

[0]
type Payment struct {
ActionType paypal.ActionType `query:"actionType,omitempty"
json:"actionType,omitempty"  xml:"actionType,omitempty"`
ReceiverList paypal.ReceiverList `query:"actionType,omitempty"
json:"receiverList,omitempty"  xml:"receiverList,omitempty"`
}

[1] (dec *Decoder)SetTagKey(key string)