Hi Edgar,

Have you done much web development in the past? The easiest option may be
google app engine. You can create a restful HTTP API pretty easily and it
comes with a lot of functionality out of the box. You can find a
getting-started tutorial here:
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/go/gettingstarted/creating-guestbook.
I also have a series of videos that walk through almost every aspect of
building websites with app engine:
http://www.golang-book.com/guides/bootcamp, though it's so much material
that it may be difficult to find what you are looking for. App engine is
also nice because they have a free tier available so it won't cost you
anything to get started.

HTTP has some advantages over TCP. It's a lot easier to debug, equally
usable from a website or a mobile app and plays well with proxies and CDNs.
The overhead isn't too bad either.

For TCP you probably have to create a virtual machine and install your app
as a service. The easiest way to do this would be to use the startup-data
script that both google and amazon offer when you start an instance. I use
this script:
https://github.com/calebdoxsey/cloud-machine/blob/master/install.bash and I
curl and eval it setting environment variables before hand:

    #!/bin/bash

    export CF_TOKEN=XXXX

    curl
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/calebdoxsey/cloud-machine/master/install.bash
| /bin/bash

The "proper" way to do this is using orchestration tools or containers, but
either of those is going to require a tremendous amount of additional
knowledge.

Hope that helps,
- Caleb