Hey Brad,

[just summarizing our twitter conversation here for reference]

On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 5:11:59 PM UTC-7, bradfitz wrote:

> If you have experience controlling VMware ESXi nodes from Go, could you
> point me at recommended packages? Or API reference?
>
> Note: no vCenter, no vSphere management console, no Windows. Only Linux
> (or OS X), and only the basic level of ESXi.
>
> I'm new to all this.

Unfortunately free ESXi license disables the API, but an evaluation license
(valid for 60 days) will enable it. We are trying to change that licensing
restriction since we want vSphere Integrated Containers [1] usable on free
ESXi.

You can find the Go library for the VMware vSphere API (ESXi/vCenter) at
[2] or download and use the govc, a CLI built on top of govmomi, from [3]

[1] https://github.com/vmware/vic
[2] https://github.com/vmware/govmomi
[3] https://github.com/vmware/govmomi/releases

Best,