Hi Johan,

I do plan to provide some kind functionality of this nature, I'm just not
quite sure yet how. It could either be:

   - the API as proposed
   - returning an interface{} value of the underlying amount that the user
   would need to cast to the appropriate type,
   - returning some Number interface value

I am currently working on the Number and plurals package. I planned to not
expose "amount" in the currency API until it is clear how all of this is
going to look like, as to avoid having to change the currency API later.

Ideally we would also have a 128-bit precision decimal float type available
in core or the text package before finalizing such API.

If this is really blocking, I could consider adding like a Value (or
Amount?) method to return the underlying raw interface of the amount. This
would not necessarily be incompatible with adding, for instance, a Decimal
and/or Number method later, although no guarantees it won't change.

Marcel