https://play.golang.org/p/tLSyUw1Ojq

This operation is caught by the compiler

a:=float32(1) / float32(0)

ok This has been asked before - but not with a satisfactory answer afaict

The spec says (  https://golang.org/ref/spec#Arithmetic_operators )   *The
result of a floating-point or complex division by zero is not specified
beyond the IEEE-754 standard; ..*

But the IEEE754 standard* does specify behaviour*, and the divide by zero
has a valid, defined result.

I get the compiler is trying to catch some sort of error here - but I'm not
convinced it's ever helpful, and contradicts fully supporting the standard.

Does anyone have a good defence of this compiler warning for floats?