I'm struggling a lot here... I want to be able to pass flags to my regexps
(specifically the flag where dot matches any character).  The only mention
of flags at all is here: https://golang.org/pkg/regexp/syntax/#Parse.
 Though this API is strange and confusing.  I'm not sure what exactly to do
with a syntax.Regexp.  Seems I can turn it into a syntax.Prog, but I'm very
unclear about what to do with that object.

Also, is there a way to say "match this regex anchored to the beginning of
the string" without pre-pending the '^' character to all of my regexp's?

Thanks,
Scott