In theory the compiler can be smart enough, if it knows that the string
passed to fmt.Println is not stored and re-used someplace, but I do not
believe that is currently true.   It probably has at least 2 copies, one to
the string in your code and a second one to make it a []byte to pass to the
io.Writer.  I am not sure if the later has been optimized out or not.

    -Paul